Android Team Lead
Hungry for a new adventure?
Wirex is looking for an Android Team Lead to join our awesome mobile team to lead android development.
Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products. Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work on a product that will change the way money is going around the world, we look forward to receiving your CV.
Who we are:
Wirex is a British-based FinTech company with R&D Lab in Kyiv, Ukraine. Leading a global market of hybrid personal funds, Wirex can currently boast having engaged over 1.7 million users and performed over 2 billion transactions.
By combining the benefits of blockchain with a traditional payments infrastructure in a single web-based and mobile application, Wirex offers hybrid personal and commercial payments and currency solutions, through:
- hybrid fiat (traditional) currency and cryptocurrency online e-currency accounts;
- account-linked Visa debit cards;
- Instant and free money transfer worldwide;
- ATM withdrawals if cash is needed;
- fiat and cryptocurrency exchange services;
- the world’s first crypto-cashback.
This role will focus as an Android Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture and Managing a team of awesome Android Engineers.
- Object-oriented design and development in a clean architecture;
- Design and development of unit test modules;
- Peer code reviews;
- Creation of documentation for both developer and business owners;
- Providing training to other developers and QA teams;
- After hours availability for emergency issues.
- Five years of professional programming experience in Java;
- Thorough knowledge of the Android SDK and the Android ecosystem;
- Experience with JSON, XML;
- Experience with Git;
- Have a broad vision of the leading-edge technologies and the ability to discover, evaluate and learn new ones as they mature;
- Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures and trends;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience with large scale applications serving significant traffic in a distributed environment and requiring 99.9+% availability;
- Experience with mobile interface design and development;
- Experience with automated deployment systems;
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Unit tests, UI tests;
Being a member of the Wirex team means:
- Creating a unique product, used globally by millions.
- Directly influencing the future of finances.
- Working with latest technologies alongside like-minded professionals.
- Using the brand-new equipment.
- Constantly advancing your professional skills.
- Forgetting about all kinds of paper work (the company does that for you).
- Improving your English skills during English classes held in our office.
- Conveniently accessing your modern spacious office in Pechersk, the heart of Kyiv.
- Enjoying 20 days for relaxation a year.
- Caring for your health with a profound medical insurance.
- Being happy and fed with free lunches and unlimited snacks (cookies, fruits, or coffee/tea).
Join Wirex and be a part of something absolutely amazing!