Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Reporting to the Head of Finance/Financial Accountant, you will join the finance team of three qualified accountants. The role has exposures to FRS102 accounting and will in the long term have international exposures. The role has considerable scope for development as well as prospects for greater responsibility and advancement. The role is very hands on and will involve a wide range of responsibilities as would be likely in a small finance team but will include mainly the following:
- Statutory Accounts and Audit
- Month End Specific tasks
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Accounts Payable Process
- Entity FX Revaluations
- VAT Returns – Partial Exemption
- Assist with Year Ends
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Holiday and absence cover for other duties within the team
This is an excellent role for someone who wishes to join a busy and commercial environment. To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- A Part-Qualified or Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Strong understanding / experience of ledgers, general financial accounting and statutory accounting gained, ideally, in a financial services and/or Fintech environment.
- SAGE Line 50 experience is essential.
- Knowledge of UK GAAP essential. Knowledge of FRS 102 highly desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills (including Pivot Tables, V Lookups).
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Eye for detail, accuracy and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a smaller company environment in a smaller finance team.