Regional Director - APAC
Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Three years ago we launched as Wirex are are already 250 employees and expected to grow to 350 in 2019. We are predominantly split between our Tech team in Kiev and our headquarters in London where we house our Marketing and Operations teams.
Due to International expansion we have opened up offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Atlanta and Toronto. We have employees on the ground in each and are scaling these right now.
The APAC region will be a huge market for us moving forward and we need someone to help us scale the APAC team and ensure success in the region. With an initial focus Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Korea, Hong Kong and Australia, this role will eventually expand to the rest of Asia and even India.
- We are currently looking for an experienced Director to develop and supervise business strategies and plans for Wirex APAC region and oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission of the company at Global level.
- You must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” as well staying close to the detail
- Provide strategic advice to the co-founders of the business in regards to the local regulations and the APAC market in general
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with Headquarters, in particular Global Head of Compliance and Chief Marketing Officer, Global Head of Product
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Experience in the payment/card industry in the APAC region
- Entrepreneurial mind set with previous experience in a start-up
- Experience with hiring and managing teams
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities