Social Media and Community Manager - CRYPTO FINTECH - North America
Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Three years ago we launched as Wirex are are already 270 employees and expected to grow to 400 by the end of 2019. We are predominantly split between our Tech team in Kiev and our headquarters in London where we house our Marketing and Operations teams.
Due to International expansion we have opened up offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Atlanta and Toronto. We have employees on the ground in each and are scaling these right now.
This is an amazing time to join a rapidly growing business at the forefront of the Financial and Crypto industries within the Toronto office.
We are now seeking a Social Media and Community Manager to join our World Class Marketing team focusing on the North American Market. Your core objective is to build our online customer community in North America through high quality content and real time engagement to help make customers so happy with our brand that they eagerly recommend our brands/services with their personal network. As part friend, part consultant - you nurture our community from being curious to becoming loyal members, even identifying and pouncing on upsell opportunities. This might include blogging, creating social media profiles, managing regular posts and responding to followers in North America
- Create and implement content editorial calendar (inline with the Global and local marketing strategy) to manage content and plan specific timely marketing campaigns.
- Create and implement a comprehensive social media strategy for North America
- Visit our branded social profiles (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) every day to be part of the real-time social conversation about cryptocurrency in general and Wirex services
- Monitor for references about Wirex on popular discussion forums, online groups and online reviews to help protect brand reputation and build positive brand engagement throughout the wider cryptocurrency community online
- new opportunities online through social channels (forums, chat groups, micro-blogging sites, video sharing sites, etc) to engage with today’s consumers, travellers, savers and investors
- Proactively starting new forum topics on our customer forum and get the conversation going
- Feedback to the content team about questions or hot topics on social media to help us build more engaging content pieces (infographics, blogs, reports, webinars, etc)
- Adhere to on-brand messaging that best represents our voice and tone online
- Encourage user-generated content creation and sharing
- Analyse key metrics and performance of content & campaigns to tweak strategy according
- Compile reports for management
- Diplomatic, tactful and poised about sensitive customer issues, complaints and frustrations
- Experience in social media/content marketing
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and tools incl. local platforms in North America
- Experience in copywriting
- Socially savvy with a friendly online personality to build strong, positive customer experience
- Proactive with creative ideas to inspire customer adoption and loyalty
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an eye for attention to detail & design
- Analytically driven in order to produce reports using measurement/listening tools and continually finds ways to improve on metrics through new initiatives and tactics
- Excellent multi-tasker and time management skills - we have a few fairly busy platforms!
- Eager to learn about Crypto Currency and Bitcoin in particular (digital money) (see https://wirexapp.com/blog/5-big-impacts-bitcoin-will-have-on-your-life/)
- Event experience (planning meetups for your community)
- PR experience is advantageous