Lead System Reliability Engineer
Are you looking for new challenges? We are searching for Lead System Reliability Engineer to join our development team in Kiev.
Who we are:Wirex is a British-based FinTech company with R&D Lab in Kyiv, Ukraine. Leading a global market of hybrid personal funds, Wirex can currently boast having engaged over 1.7 million users and performed over 2 billion transactions.
By combining the benefits of blockchain with a traditional payments infrastructure in a single web-based and mobile application, Wirex offers hybrid personal and commercial payments and currency solutions, through:
- hybrid fiat (traditional) currency and cryptocurrency online e-currency accounts;
- account-linked Visa debit cards;
- Instant and free money transfer worldwide;
- ATM withdrawals if cash is needed;
- fiat and cryptocurrency exchange services;
- the world’s first crypto-cashback.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Develop and manage multiple teams of Reliability Engineers. Capacity planning, scheduling.
- Lead the development of department culture, processes, procedures, technologies.
- Lead global initiatives and develop Reliability Strategy, to achieve excellence in system availability and product lifecycle management process.
- Contribute in developing of all global projects/features in product before they go live through system design consulting, capacity planning, monitoring development and launch reviews.
- Lead in managing of lifecycle for services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health across our cloud-hosted infrastructure.
- Take part in scaling of systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Design and build systems to provide real-time operational insight for development and management teams.
- Partner with development and engineering teams and leadership in it to promote best practices and provide advice on how to implement features that are instrumented and observable.
- Generate, manage, and report the application performance data captured by the monitoring tools and proactively work with devops teams in resolving performance issues.
- Team setting up and management.
- Reliability strategy planning.
- Monitoring and reaction tools: setting up, automation, assigning.
- Logging infrastructure.
- Servers/Network security audit.
- Upgrade existing provisioning tool.
- Improve monitoring.
- Improve disaster recovery procedures.
- On-demand environments to test a single feature.
- Deploy improvements: more security, deeper integrations with CI, automation, data sharding etc.
- 3+ years IT operations/Systems administration
- Experience as a Team Lead
- Ability to hold lots of interactions and troubleshoot highly complex error conditions.
- Desire to work in global company with HL distributed product
- Intermediate+ English
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and familiarity with alerts & monitoring tools, and system management tools (likely but not limited by: Azure OMS or Azure Dashboards).
- Experience with Cloud Based high load products.
- Experience working as a DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer.
- Experience with Azure Services (Web Apps, cloud services, VMs, Service Fabric), latest monitoring tools and services. Familiarity with setting up them and using in production.
- Knowledge and familiarity with configuration management tools including Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience in the support CI/CD processes, product lifecycle management tools.
- Experience in designing, monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, with the ability to drive and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge in IT process automation.
- Creating a unique product, used globally by millions
- Directly influencing the future of finances
- Working with the latest technologies alongside like-minded professionals
- Using the brand-new equipment
- Constantly advancing your professional skills
- Forgetting about all kinds of paper work (the company does that for you)
- Improving your English skills during English classes held in our office
- Conveniently accessing your modern spacious office in Pechersk, the heart of Kyiv
- Enjoying 20 days for relaxation a year
- Caring for your health with a profound medical insurance
- Being happy and fed with free lunches and unlimited snacks (cookies, fruits, or coffee/tea)
Join Wirex and be a part of something extremely awesome!!!