Lead Data Engineer
Do you want to work with data that matter and people who care? Do you want to dig data, build models, generate insights and actions that powers development of revolutionary financial crypto products? Then come and join our fast-growing team in Kiev!
Currently, Wirex is opening a new position for a Lead Data Engineer.
Who we are:
Wirex is a British-based FinTech company with R&D Lab in Kyiv, Ukraine. Leading a global market of hybrid personal funds, Wirex can currently boast having engaged over 1.7 million users and performed over 2 billion transactions.
By combining the benefits of blockchain with a traditional payments infrastructure in a single web-based and mobile application, Wirex offers hybrid personal and commercial payments and currency solutions, through:
- hybrid fiat (traditional) currency and cryptocurrency online e-currency accounts;
- account-linked Visa debit cards;
- Instant and free money transfer worldwide;
- ATM withdrawals if cash is needed;
- fiat and cryptocurrency exchange services;
- the world’s first crypto-cashback.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Collaboration with product development, engineering and quality assurance teams to identify issues and propose solutions for effective decision making.
- Undertaking data collection from different sources, preprocessing and analysis.
- Reporting, visualizing and communicating data, extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation.
- Working with MS Azure infrastructure, Event Hubs, Stream Analytics.
- Establish and use machine learning tools and statistical techniques (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.)
- Establish and use BI tools for operations with data.
- Looking for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across the whole organisation.
- Create and use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Having to stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods.
- Form and run the Team of Data engineers (analysts, scientists, researchers).
- Work closely with stakeholder departments in the company.
- Experience 4+ years as a data analyst or data scientist. At least 1 year on Lead position.
- Analytical mindset and relevant education. Experience with SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics.
- Deep knowledge of databases and a query/scripting languages (SQL/plSQL/Python/R).
- Decent command of statistics and ability to use statistical language (R).
- Experience with wide rage of analytics platforms, BI’s, Azure Data Tools.
- Knowledge of scripting language. Coding knowledge (C# preferred).
- Ability to build infrastructure and start projects from scratch.
- Great planning and organization skills.
- English upper-intermediate or higher.
- Will be a plus if you have experience in the financial industry.
Will be a plus if you can code in a general purpose programming language
Wirex offers you:
- Career and professional growth at an innovative FinTech company.
- Incredible product that first combines the speed and flexibility of blockchain finance with the acceptance of traditional currency.
- High professional and creative working environment.
- Possibility to be a part of the financial revolution in the world!
- Good office in a business center on Pechersk.
- English classes with a native speaker.
- 20 business days of rest, paid sick leaves.
- State holidays celebration.
- Flexible office schedule.
- Fun corporate events.
- Free delicious lunches, tea, coffee, fruits, and cookies are prepared for you in the office!
*Join Wirex Limited and be a part of something extremely awesome!!!