Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Three years ago we launched as Wirex are are already 250 employees and expected to grow to 350 in 2019. We are predominantly split between our Tech team in Kiev and our headquarters in London where we house our Marketing and Operations teams.
Due to International expansion we have opened up offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Atlanta and Toronto. We have employees on the ground in each and are scaling these right now. This role will sit in the Toronto office
This is an amazing time to join a high growth business and progress your career. Within this role, you would be required to provide assistance to the Compliance department with daily operations, to ensure existing and expected regulatory requirements are met.
What you will be doing
- Reviews KYC approval process for individual accounts and ensures AML documentation is fully in place for all onboarded clients Completes end-to-end investigations and STR reporting in accordance with Policies and Procedures
- Manages the periodic update reviews with the responsible departments and AML/Risk Team
- Manages AML processes and suspicious activity investigations
- Assists with periodic testing of implemented AML controls; provides recommendations and oversees any corrective actions and program enhancements
- Maintains an awareness of, and monitor the regulatory environment for, emerging legislation and policy statements, along with relevant trends and industry best practices applicable to Canadian and foreign consumer and business lending operations
- Actively partners with global functional teams to execute shared compliance-specific projects and responsibilities
- Assists with review and development of the major AML controls (Onboarding, Transaction Monitoring, Screening and Reporting) for Canadian operations
- Conducts investigations and assists with PEPs and Sanctions screening alerts, KYC remediation projects and EDD cases
- Provides assistance to the Compliance department with ongoing projects and any ad hoc requests
What you need
- Experience in applying AML risk management concepts and execution of risk assessment protocols
- Interest in crypto currency and basic knowledge of blockchain concepts (basic currencies, ICO practices, etc.)
- Working knowledge of legal AML requirements for Canada (PCMLTFA, Fintrac Guidelines, FATF Recommendations)
- Preferably some knowledge of US and EU anti-money laundering and terrorist financing concepts, laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and manage relationships with high-level internal and external stakeholders, including regulators
- 2+ years working in a risk management/compliance environment, ideally in payments