Human Resources Manager - 12 month FTC in FinTech start up
Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Three years ago we launched as Wirex are are already 320 employees across our London, US, Canadian, Ukranian, Singapore and Japan offices and expected to grow to 700 globally in 2019.
Wirex is looking for a Generalist HR Manager for a 12 month fixed term maternity cover. This will be an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenge and wants to be a key part in driving the next stage of growth at Wirex in 2019.
You will be in charge of driving People Strategy in order to support the exciting and ambitious plans over the next year. We are preparing for global scaling and your role will be to implement initiatives to develop the culture and attract, motivate and retain best talent in the industry. You will oversee the Talent Acquisition team and Office Manager to ensure a strategic, consistent approach to all People Operations activities in the business.
What you will be doing:
- Review current processes and practices on an ongoing basis and adjust these accordingly as the business expands
- Consult and challenge senior managers when necessary on matters of organisational design, performance management, salary reviews, employee relations
- Ensuring company goals are communicated to employees on a quarterly basis and goal setting occurs down to individual level
- Find ways to creating a strong employment brand through implementing best practice across all people management aspects. Look to drive employer brand through Glassdoor, Linkedin and other social media channels
- Provide support to our other offices and make sure similar culture is replicated as well as consistent HR practices taking into consideration local practices and requirements
- Work with and manage Talent Acquisition team to constantly identify areas of improvement in attracting best talent
- Work closely and manage Office Manager to ensure the needs of the employees in the office are being met from day one
- In charge of running day today HR activity ensuring that onboarding, background chekcs, payroll, compensation, run smoothly
- Stay up to date with market and industry trends
- 5-8 years experience in a generalist role
- Experience in a start up environment
- CIPD qualified
- International experience
- Previous experience of working with Fintech’s is advantageous
- Experience in working in an ever changing environment and used to having to set up processes and people related initiatives
- Ability to manage relationships with senior stakeholders
- Positive and flexible approach
- Diplomatic with the ability to build positive working relationships across the business
- 25 days Holiday
- Health cover
- Flexible office hours
- Work on an incredible innovative product
- Opportunity to grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Central Location
- Work in a friendly and creative environment
- Regular team gatherings and social events