Global Head of Risk
Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Three years ago we launched as Wirex are are already 210 employees and expected to grow to 350 by 2019. We are predominantly split between our Tech team in Kiev and our headquarters in London where we house our Marketing and Operations teams.
Due to International expansion we have opened up offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Atlanta and Toronto. We have employees on the ground in each and are scaling these right now.
This is an amazing time to join a rapidly growing business at the forefront of the Financial and Crypto industries.
We are seeking a Global Head of Risk to create and communicate risk policies and processes for Wirex across multiple jurisdictions - providing hands-on development of risk models involving market, AML and operational risk, whilst ensuring controls are operating effectively
- Accountable for the implementation of global fraud decisioning systems upgrades/enhancements whilst ensuring client experience and fraud risk are not compromised.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of global fraud rules and strategies across all relevant systems.
- Provision of subject matter expertise to the business, IT and third party partners in fraud decisioning, to enable the implementations of global fraud decisioning systems
- Drive the adoption of fit for purpose global fraud detection systems, including influencing senior management, liaison with key stakeholders and inputting towards the business case rationale.
- Maintaining a detailed understanding of changing IT authorisation hierarchies, fraud decisioning systems and business needs to ensure fraud management is aligned to high level business goals
- Fraud Risk Management Governance & Projects
- Define and implement fraud risk requirements across Wirex Group.
- Design and manage the global fraud risk roadmap
- Manage / provide support on ad-hoc projects as required by Fraud Risk.
- Keeping up to date with the latest thinking, research and development, and industry best practice in the field of fraud management.
- Attend and represent Wirex at Industry forums and meetings.
- People management
- Create and articulate strategic goals and short and medium-term priorities. Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and team, enabling each member to understand his/her role in team success.
- Set clear, challenging and stretching objectives with a concrete focus on business results, guiding principles and continual development. Monitor and review objectives with team members on a regular basis, providing the necessary resources and support.
- Ensure that timely and constructive feedback and coaching is provided to all team members, allowing them to grow and fulfil their potential. Proactively create and/or identify appropriate performance interventions for high and low performers.
- Manage team capability strategically by correctly defining talent requirements, succession planning for key roles and building internal and external networks to fill the pipeline.
- To ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory, legislative and industry rules and standards
Core Skills and Attributes
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing fraud and risk
- Advanced knowledge of SQL programming
- Excellent knowledge of Fraud / AML Modus Operandi.
- Strong awareness of process, controls, systems and technology within fraud.
- Strong understanding of online, card, and application fraud threats
- Experienced in implementing fraud systems
- Experienced in driving analytical projects
- Exceptionally numerate and be able to interpret large data sets
- Team orientated with the ability to manage others
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and influencing skills
- Innovative with excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced analytical and numerical skills
- Accurate and concise with meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to perform under pressure
- Strong Stakeholder management
- Personal attributes and other requirements
- Ability to influence across all levels
- Expert knowledge of fraud decisioning systems and data analysis.
- Monitoring, development and optimisation the fraud business rules within the automated decisioning systems. Ensure the fraud risk models / rules remain predictive, and make appropriate recommendations to rectify model/rule parameters if deterioration in predictiveness occurs
- Drive the global financial revolution
- Work on an incredible innovative product that combines the speed and flexibility of blockchain finance with the acceptance of traditional currency delivered via a mobile app
- Grow your career and professional development at an innovative FinTech company
- Work in a highly professional and creative environment
- Work flexible office hours
- Central Location
- Health cover
- Regular team gatherings and social events